A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Monday 16 July 2012

Landmarks Challenge - Burren Walls

My landmarks challenge is based on the stone walls in the Burren.

I've recently finished making a quilt which is part of a group entry for this year's Festival of Quilts. After cutting my FoQ quilt to size I had a good few pieces of quilted fabric left-over, so I decided to incorporate them into my landmarks challenge (waste not, want not!)

The left-over strips were satin-stitched together and I added a very thin binding to finish off the quilt.



3 comments:

Felicity said...

great colours and textures in this - i like the varying widths of the strips too

Kit Lang said...

love the quilting on this piece and the pops of yellow...

Julie said...

I shall look forward to seeing the group quilt at Festival. This smaller version has some very interesting marks in it and I like the subdued colours which are so redolent of the limestone scenery of the Burren.